You probably already know your market quite well but I don’t know this market at all, this is where I start.
Most people start with keyword research (we’ll cover this shortly). That’s a mistake.
The first place to start is by understanding your:
Once you understand these areas your insight into how you should approach SEO (and marketing as a whole) will become much clearer.
Know Your Business
I have a template questionnaire that I talk through with my new clients and it goes something like:
- What does your business do?
- Why did you start your business?
- What is unique about it?
- Why are you better than your competitors?
- How does your product / service help your customers?
- What benefits do your customers receive by using your service / product?
- What features does it have?
- Have you done SEO before?
- What other marketing do you do?
I normally get an idea of what other questions to ask at this point but I am trying to ascertain what your business does, where you want to go and what you can offer your clients that is different or better than your competitors.
Know Your Customers
Understanding your online customers and their habits allows you to target exactly where they are and what they want. Doing this will allow you to choose the right keywords and promotional ideas that will turn potential customers into loyal buying ones:
- Who are your customers?
- Who would you like to target?
- Is there a typical persona of person who buys from you?
- Is there any type of person you don’t want to target?
- Do you collect / retain your customers email addresses?
- What do customers feedback to you about your products / service, i.e. why do they become repeat customers?
Again, a natural conversation will take place during this interview and more targeted questions will arise.
Know Your Market
Understanding your business and your customers will contribute to understanding the market in which you operate. Some online research into your competitors and what they do to promote themselves will allow you to put together your own marketing plan.
This section will normally be put together based upon research derived from the answers given in the sections about your business and customers.
If you want to go back to the page “Search Engine Optimisation Liverpool” then click here.
Otherwise click here to move to the next page…Liverpool business SEO overview
Remember at any point you can use the form below if you would prefer me to do your SEO for you: